Our volunteers are valued and make a tremendous impact.
Hospice House volunteers are a critical part of our care teams. They embody the following characteristics:
- Listen attentively and share openly
- Equipped to process cumulative loss
- Value meaningful and sensitive work
- Actively participate in development and education sessions
What Our Volunteers Do
- Provide companionship and emotional support to residents
- Offer different types of therapy including pet therapy, massage therapy, and music therapy
- Bake cookies every Thursday and cook homemade meals for our residents and their families
- Cut and style our residents’ hair
- Maintain our aviary and feed our birds
- Keep our gardens looking beautiful and healthy
- Feed our friendly outdoor animals
- Sew prayer shawls, pillowcases, and quilts
- Complete small maintenance projects in and around the building
- Support our administrative staff by providing office help
Volunteers comfort with their presence. One does not need to know all the right words to say but the ability to just be present.
You can help us continue to provide a safe, comfortable place where anyone can be given the gift of a dignified death.
OUR DONORS 02
Our donors leave a legacy of caring.
As a not-for-profit residential hospice, we rely on donations to allow us to care for residents who may not have access to health insurance or sufficient financial resources. As many of our donors know, hospice isn’t just about the residents. Hospice care is also important for the loved ones of our residents. Providing a warm, welcoming place for everyone to make their last days, weeks or months the best they can be is a priority we all share.